About Me

There isn't much to tell about me.. I've been writing poetry for about three years now and it's a great way to express some feelings. People see me as someone who only makes fun and not as a serious type, though I really prefer fun above everything. I also can be serious as in my poems. I also like helping people and like to hear from my readers. Oh and please don't mind my English! I'm Dutch you know.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Where to write?

When I started of writing, I always wondered where I could get the most exposure. For a starting writer it's important to have people read his poetry and reviewing it. Only then, you can improve.
So where do you start? Well I'm not sure, though I can tell you where I started. That was at writing.com. It's a great site with a very large and nice community. It's an easy to use site, though may look a bit overwhelming at first. What else can you do? You could of course start a blog like I did. But I must say that it is hard to attract visitors at first. That's why I combined my writing.com profile with my blog. Putting up a link to my blog on writing.com and posting only a few poems on it. Referring most of the people to my site for more poems. This worked quite well and gave my blog a bit of recognition. I highly recommend that you do so to.
Of course there are many more websites where you can post your poetry and have people review it, though writing.com has become my favorite because of it's community. You can always register at multiple sites and refer to your blog, though this worked for me and I never had the need to post the same poems at multiple sites. It seemed a bit strange to me.

I hope I've been a bit of help to you and don't forget to check www.writing.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment